Can you believe that it is now less than two months before Christmas arrives?! I noticed, the other day, someone had made this same statement on their Facebook page and I had to read it a few more times before it really sunk in. Crimany where did 2012 go? I think the moment you start having children time starts speeding up. But nevertheless, Christmas is now 57 days away and that means time to start thinking about Christmas shopping. To get you started, here is a sampling of what we have in the Western Pleasure Guest Ranch Gift Shop.
Remember those songs that we played around the campfire at the ranch? We are excited to share with you our newest project here at the ranch. Those great campfire songs, the ones you just can’t forget like Tulip the Goat, Sheriff Ron, Amos and Andy and nine others, will be produced by Brad and recorded in Nashville!
Have you ever wondered what goes on at a North Idaho guest ranch during the unpredictable month of March? Through rain, snow, hail or sunshine, the ranch-hands continue their work on the ranch. Follow Emily through her day and learn just what a ranch babe does to help the ranch prepare for spring.
P.S. Happy First Day of Spring! Did I mention that we have 4-5 inches of fresh snow and it’s still coming down.
Contest Update: Only five days left until our contest to win a chance for a week stay at our ranch is over! What you may not have known is that you can up your odds of winning. Our contest is offering 12 raffle tickets to 12 individual winners, but you can also purchase these raffle tickets as well. Tickets for the Dude Ranch Association raffle are $20 per ticket or 6 tickets for $100.
Our contest is giving you a chance to have one of 12 tickets by becoming our friend on facebook, but you can guarantee yourself a ticket by purchasing one (or more) from us. The proceeds from this raffle benefit the Dude Ranchers Association Educational Trust Scholarship Program. This program works to provide scholarships to students who work at guest ranches and are pursuing a career in the guest and dude ranch industry. This program in dear to my heart because I received one of their scholarships while working toward my degree in Resort Recreational Management.
To find out more about the Dude Ranchers Association Educational Trust Scholarship Program, visit www.duderanchhistory.com.
If you would like to purchase raffle tickets, you can call me or Janice (my mom) at (888) 863-9066, or you can email us at [email protected]
Visit our Facebook page:
Visit our web site:
- Appetizer – Shrimp Cocktail
- Soup – Roasted Butternut Squash
- Salad – Watercress Salad with Shaved Mushrooms and Radishes, dressed with a Sherry-Honey Vinaigrette
- The main course buffet will include:
- Roast Prime Rib of Beef with Aujus and Horseradish Cream
- Slow Baked Salmon with Honey-Dijon Marmalade
- Steamed Asparagus or Broccoli
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Warm Bread
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Dessert: Chocolate French Silk Tart with Almond crust or Frozen Lemon Mousse with Raspberry Sauce
- Appetizer – Suvlaki with Slow Roasted Olives,
and Almonds served with Grilled Crostini Oranges
- Soup – Middle Eastern Red Lentil Soup with Yogurt and Lemon
- Main Course –
- Grilled Lamb Kebobs served with warm pita and Tzatziki Sauce
- Maussaka with eggplant Tomatoes and feta or Greek Grilled Vegetables dressed with a sauce of fresh lemon juice, parsley, cilantro, paprika and cayenne
- Greek Salad
- Dessert – Baklava
I just got in our biggest shipment yet of western handbags! After pricing them and setting them out on display, I have to say I am coveting a few of those bags. So please, for my sake, stop by and buy yourself a new handbag (you deserve it!) before I spend the rest of my paycheck on them. Do you think I can justify one handbag for each day of the week?